To activate International Bird Rescue for emergency oiled
wildlife response or an oil spill drill, call +1 (888) 447-1743 to
reach the Duty Manager (no other inquiries, please).
International Bird Rescue has helped to manage over 200 marine oil
spills throughout the world, many in remote places such as the
Pribilof and Aleutian Islands of Alaska, remote fjords of Norway
and World Heritage sites such as the Galapagos Islands and has
worked with a multitude of threatened and endangered animals.
International Bird Rescue maintains a world-class oiled wildlife
response team comprised of emergency managers, wildlife
rehabilitation specialists, biologists, veterinarians and field
specialists capable of managing all aspects of an oiled wildlife
- initial wildlife impact assessment with trustee agencies and
- oiled wildlife facility design and operation;
- overall management of rehabilitation program;
- coordination of local wildlife rehabilitators;
- management of field collection of wildlife;
- veterinary medical evaluation, triage, monitoring and
- wildlife dietary planning, preparation, support;
- pre-release medical/physical evaluations;
- release and post-release studies (when applicable);
- volunteer/work force recruitment, training, and
- public affairs and media contact;
- documentation and cost tracking.